Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pressure & Patience

Making progress towards perfection or just making progress is a big deal to I, or maybe just me, or possibly just us. See we truly know that all we have are these few moments that build the character that we will rejoice with and even regret during those late mornings when we are allowed to sleep in and just stare at the ceiling. What makes these moments special believe it or not is the anxiety that they cause. The fear of being helpless after knowing you could of applied your full self and did just a little bit more, or crossed just one more t is a difficult burden to bare. The fears of failing are very important nonetheless. Without them you are desensitized from being that person you cannot recognize from time to time. Without them you cannot regret or hide behind your subconscious mind. But the good part about this passage is before each hectic day I am fortunate enough to stare at that ceiling and learn from my mishaps. The actions that follow are very strategic in thought but unorganized in plain sight. Yet today that person in the mirror I recognize him. What I fear at this moment is not being able to be everything for everyone. My suggestion is we all get that feeling back, and lay back down to do some reflecting on our backs.

~Vince Leon

0 comments: